MBS Balancing measurement cabinets
- For LV cable distribution networks;
- Metering electricity and protection of the metering system against consequences of shortings and overloads on the LV side.
The enclosure made of aluminium sheet (welded or riveted). Powder painted in any colour. The size matching the type and range of devices and individual needs of the Client. The enclosure is highly resistant to degradation, environmental factors and UV radiation. The enclosure is executed in the Class I and II appliance protection standard.
Class II appliance protection rating of the enclosure is achieved with an additional insulation layer permanently applied on the internal surfaces of the enclosure. The thickness of the layer ensures the required insulation.
Labyrinth ventilation allows continuous flow of air with simultaneous elimination of penetration of pollutants and accumulation of water and moisture.
The door with internal hinges with anti-burglary lock and multiple bolts, an espag lock with a padlock or a system cylinder.
SMC enclosure with IP 44 or 54 rating. Built to Class II protection standard, with HB to V0 flammability rating, painted in RAL 7035, with the possibility of additional painting to ensure temporary resistance to environmental factors and UV radiation.
- Installation profiles: steel, with openings, installed on the enclosure structure;
- Installation base: plastic or galvanised steel, installed on vertical installation profiles made of galvanised sheet for current circuit switches;
- Cable clamps with the cable management bar;
- Masking panels: made of plastic or sheet metal, installed on the enclosure structure.
The metering and balancing part customised to individual requirements.
- The metering board for installation of active and reactive energy meters installed on an insulating plastic panel, tilting or fixed;
- The measurement and inspection strip for connecting voltage and current circuits of the electricity meter with secondary sides of measurement transformers, available instruments: Ska, LPW, other;
- Remote reading of data from the meter over GPRS wireless network or optical fibre;
- Space for installing the hub: the system for acquisition and transmission of measurement data in the selected Smart Grid & Smart Metering technology;
- The components are ready for sealing.
- The current transformers match the load of the transformer, in the class 0.2 – 1s, for rail or cable installation, downline the main protection of the unit. The transformers may be installed in any outgoing circuit;
- The cables connecting the transformer with the MBS cabinet match the distance between them;
The components of MBS units are selected to meet the requirements of distribution companies and as requested by the Client.
- The current circuits with the cross section matching the load (LgY)./li>
- The pole clamp – the type of the clamp matches the type and cross section of the pole.
Basic technical data
- Rated operational voltage230/400 V
- Insulation rated voltage690 V
- Rated frequency50 Hz
- Impulse withstand voltage4 kV
- Busbar rated continuous currentdo 1200 A
- Rated short-time withstand current20 kA (1 s.)
- Rated peak withstand current40 kA
- Internal arc short-circuit current16 kA
- IP protection level44-54
- IK level of protection against mechanical impact10
- Appliance classII
- Dimensions of incoming / outgoing terminals2 x 4 x 240 mm² / 4 x 240 mm²
- Network arrangementsTN-S, TN-C, TN-C-S
- Height / width / depthwithout limitations for aluminium enclosures built to Class II protection standard
Compliance with standards
- PN-EN 61439-1 – „Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies. Part 1: General rules”;
- PN-EN 61439-5 – „Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Part 5: Assemblies for power distribution in public networks”;
- PN-E-05163 – „Enclosed low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies. Guide for testing under conditions of arcing due to internal fault”;
- PN-EN 50274 – „Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Protection against electric shock – Protection against unintentional direct contact with hazardous live parts”;
- PN-EN 60529 – „Degrees of protection provided by enclosures (IP Code)”;
- PN-EN 62208 – „Empty enclosures for low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies – General requirements”;
- PN-EN 62262 – „Degrees of protection provided by enclosures for electrical equipment against external mechanical impacts (IK code). (IDT PN-EN 50102:2001)”;
- PN-EN ISO 4628 – „Paints and varnishes – Evaluation of degradation of coatings – Designation of quantity and size of defects, and of intensity of uniform changes in appearance – Part 6: Assessment of degree of chalking by tape method”;
- PN-EN ISO 2409 – „Paints and varnishes – Cross-cut test”.
- Download leaflet PDF Product Data Sheet